Monday, December 24, 2007

What are Indians good at ?


Indians are good at something which they excel over the Chinese, Japanese, Britons and Americans. Guess what ?

Tim Ferriss, the author of fourhourworkweek in his blog says that we are good at NEGOTIATION. This he says is one of the prime factors why Indian immigrants in the US are more successful entrepreneurs than their counterparts.

If I try to recollect the instances when I negotiated, I remember the fight with a auto-driver, my mom's daily negotiations with the vegetable vendor at the doorstep, my paati's fight with the fish-lady, my aunt's excellent arguments again at the fish market. She had bought a fish for Rs 60 which was at Rs 120 when the argument began.

Sabeer Bhatia had negotiated his hotmail.com from $160 million to a whooping $400 million and made a successful deal with Microsoft. Now that's Negotiation at its best.

No comments: